Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- M. Milenkovic, W. Wagner, R. Quast, M. Hollaus, C. Ressl, N. Pfeifer:
Total canopy transmittance estimated from small-footprint, full-waveform airborne LiDAR
ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 128 (2017), 61 - 72. [ More information ]
- M. Weigand, A. Flores-Orozco, A. Kemna:
Reconstruction quality of SIP parameters in multi-frequency complex resistivity imaging
Near Surface Geophysics, 15 (2017), 18; 187 - 199. [ More information ]
- J. Knauer, S. Zaehle, M. Reichstein, B. Medlyn, M. Forkel, S. Hagemann, C. Werner:
The response of ecosystem water-use efficiency to rising atmospheric CO2 concentrations: sensitivity and large-scale biogeochemical implications
New Phytologist, 213 (2017), 4; 1654 - 1666.
- A. Colliander, T. Jackson, R. Bindlish, S. Chan, N. Das, S. Kim, M. Cosh, R. Dunbar, L. Dang, L. Pashaian, J. Asanuma, K. Aida, A. Berg, T. Rowlandson, D. Bosch, T. Caldwell, K. Caylor, D. Goodrich, H. al Jassar, E. Lopez-Baeza, J. Martínez-Fernández, Á. González-Zamora, S. Livingston, H. McNairn, A. Pacheco, M. Moghaddam, C. Montzka, C. Notarnicola, G. Niedrist, T. Pellarin, J. Prueger, J. Pulliainen, K. Rautiainen, J. Ramos, M. Seyfried, P. Starks, Z. Su, Y. Zeng, R. van der Velde, M. Thibeault, W. Dorigo, M. Vreugdenhil, J. Walker, X. Wu, A. Monerris-Belda, P. O´Neill, D. Entekhabi, E. Njoku, S. Yueh:
Validation of SMAP surface soil moisture products with core validation sites
Remote Sensing of Environment, 191 (2017), 215 - 231.
- D. Wang, V. Kankare, E. Puttonen, M. Hollaus, N. Pfeifer:
Reconstructing Stem Cross Section Shapes From Terrestrial Laser Scanning
IEEE Geoscience And Remote Sensing Letters, 14 (2017), 2; 272 - 276. [ More information ]