Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- ORF2 interviews Wolfgang Wagner on the drought in Kenya
- EODC sucht Office-Mitarbeiter/in
- Der Satellitenblick auf die Dürre in Kenia
- Florian Ledermann wins “Best Lecture Award 2017” at TU Wien
- Google Scholar ranks the GMF paper as Classic Paper in 2006 in Geophysics
- J. Schellekens, E. Dutra, A. Martínez-de la Torre, G. Balsamo, A. Van Dijk, F. Weiland, M. Minvielle, J.C. Calvet, B. Decharme, S. Eisner, G. Fink, M. Flörke, S. Peßenteiner, R. van Beek, J. Polcher, H. Beck, R. Orth, B. Calton, S. Burke, W. Dorigo, G. Weedon:
A global water resources ensemble of hydrological models: the eartH2Observe Tier-1 dataset
Earth System Science Data, 9 (2017), 389 - 413.
- L. Plank, A. Hellerschmied, J. McCallum, J. Böhm, J. Lovell:
VLBI observations of GNSS-satellites: from scheduling to analysis
Journal of Geodesy, 91 (2017), 7; 867 - 880. [ More information ]
- A. Hofmeister, J. Böhm:
Application of ray-traced tropospheric slant delays to geodetic VLBI analysis
Journal of Geodesy, 91 (2017), 8; 945 - 964. [ More information ]
- N. Panafidina, U. Hugentobler, M. Seitz, H. Krasna:
Influence of Subdaily Polar Motion Model on Nutation Offsets Estimated by Very Long Baseline Interferometry
Journal of Geodesy, online first (2017), 1 - 10. [ More information ]
- G. Carr, A. Blanch, A. Blaschke, R. Brouwer, C. Bucher, A.H. Farnleitner, A. Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, D. Loucks, E. Morgenroth, J. Parajka, N. Pfeifer, H. Rechberger, W. Wagner, M. Zessner, G. Blöschl:
Emerging outcomes from a cross-disciplinary doctoral programme on water resource systems
Water Policy, 19 (2017), 463 - 478.