Automation in the Context of National Mapping Agency (NMA) Production
Date: Sept 25, 2018 – Sept 28, 2018
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation
Gußhausstraße 27-29/E120 (Link to Google Maps)
Preliminary Program and Aim
The summer school is held and organized within the EU funded project VOLTA. The strategic aim of this summer school is to strengthen the ties between service providers, research institutions and national agencies in the domain of geodata. This will increase the efficiency of production and provide more and higher quality services to citizens. The school will feature lectures, practical works, demos and a study visit to a super Cloud computing centre. The main topics of the school are:
- NMA activities and requirements in age of digital transformation and the changing demands
- State of the art in geo data collection, classification and modelling
- Point cloud processing and feature extraction, including Cloud computing
The workshop addresses researchers, practitioners and scientists who want to improve their understanding of NMA requirements and products.
The number of participants is limited to 30.
- OS UK (Ordnance Survey)
- IGN France
- Vexcel Imaging GmbH
- EODC GmbH
- Leibniz Universität Hannover
- TU Wien
- 25 September 2018: evening event at TU Wien
- 27 September 2018: visit of a Viennese Heurigen (=traditional Austrian restaurant with self grown Viennese wine)
Early bird fee until 1 July 2018: 150€
Regular fee after 1 July 2018: 190€
Fee includes all costs for lunch and coffee breaks, as well as the social evening program.
Please register by filling in our online registration form here!
Vienna University of Technology, Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, Norbert Pfeifer