Geo4Women summer job 2018
In order to increase the proportion of women in our remote sensing group, the research groups Microwave Remote Sensing (MRS) and Climate and Environmental Remote Sensing (CLIMERS) of the research area Remote Sensing, Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation (GEO) are offering a Geo4Women summer job to a female student who is interested in remote sensing.
The student shall work on a self-proposed project idea that should fit into one of our current research fields and be related to the datasets developed in our groups – please see our projects and our recent publications for reference.
- a full-time summer job for two months (40 hours per week)
- a work space in our department
- access to our data and infrastructure
- flexible working times, a stimulating and friendly working environment and a motivated team.
Please apply if you are
- a bachelor or master student in the fields of geodesy, geoinformation, geosciences or similar disciplines
- familiar with the data we're working with and projects we're involved in
- confident that your technical and programming expertise (python) fits our needs.
The application should include
- a description of your proposed project work in a maximum of 2 to 3 pages
- a motivation letter
- your CV, including information on your technical, programming and remote sensing experience
- the keyword geo4women in the subject of the email.
The salary for this position is based on the Austrian regulations for university staff. The monthly minimum salary will be € 2001,60 (based on full-time employment).
If you are interested, please send your application to rs-sek (at) geo.tuwien.ac.at until May 1st, 2018.
International applications are welcome. However, we cannot offer any support in travel, accommodation and visa matters.
- Geo4Women_2018.pdf367 K
Category: Open Positions, CLIMERS, Remote Sensing, Women4Geo